For many who are experiencing difficult times, the Fuquay Varina Emergency Food Pantry is a vital provider of food and personal care items. Each month we see new clients and our numbers continue to grow. We need your help to continue to meet the growing need. You may support our efforts by making a donation of food, personal care products or money.
Food drives are a great way to give back and to build community spirit. We have been fortunate to have many individuals, local businesses, scout troops, the fire department, churches and private parties collect food for our pantry. We are forever grateful for such a supporting community! We always have a need for canned and dry goods and list some fun ideas to help get your food drive started below.
Donations of food can be delivered to the food pantry during our operational hours:
- Tuesdays between 9:00 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
- Thursdays between 3:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
Continuous Food Drive Drop-Off Locations:
- CENTURY 21 Triangle Group: 407 North Judd Parkway Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
- Caldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston Realty, Inc: 528 North Main Street Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
HOLIDAY IDEA: REVERSE ADVENT CALENDAR FOOD BOX
Looking for a way to give back or teach kids the concept of giving? This December, get your whole family, team, friend group or small group involved in creating a Reverse Advent Food Box! You fill the box and we will get it into the hands of a family in need. To get started:
- Find a box to hold all food items.
- Copier paper boxes work well.
- Decorate the outside of the box or leave it plain.
- Each day in December, add the daily food item listed below to the box.
- Or choose to make a family/group outing to the store to get all the items at once.
- Tip: Look for expiration dates later than January 31, 2024 on the products to ensure clients have a chance to receive and use them prior to that date.
- Once box is filled, drop off at the Fuquay Varina Emergency Food Pantry during hours of operation or at one of the Continuous Drop-Off sites listed above.
- If you wish to include an encouraging note, please do so. Please sign with first names only.
Advent Food Boxes will be distributed to clients as they are received. Thank you for blessing your community!
- Dec 1 – box of cereal
- Dec 2 – jar of peanut butter
- Dec 3 – jar of jelly or jam
- Dec 4 – boxed potatoes
- Dec 5 – macaroni & cheese
- Dec 6 – can of fruit
- Dec 7 – can of Chef Boyardee
- Dec 8 – can of mixed vegetables
- Dec 9 – jar or pkt of any spice
- Dec 10 – can of chicken
- Dec 11 – can of chicken broth
- Dec 12 – can of diced tomatoes
- Dec 13 – can of beans
- Dec 14 – box of crackers
- Dec 15 – chicken noodle soup
- Dec 16 – box of instant oatmeal
- Dec 17 – box of pasta
- Dec 18 – spaghetti sauce (plastic or can)
- Dec 19 – can of peas
- Dec 20 – can of cream soup
- Dec 21 – can of tomato sauce
- Dec 22 – can of tuna
- Dec 23 – can of carrots
- Dec 24 – dessert mix
THEMED FOOD DRIVE IDEAS:
Themed food drives are an easy and fun way to promote your drive. Consider one of these themes:
- Spread the Love – Peanut butter and Jelly.
- Good Morning Sunshine – Boxed cereals (non-sugary), Oatmeal packets, Grits packets, Canned Fruit.
- Saucy! – Ketchup, Mustard, BBQ sauce, Mayo, Relish
- Dressed to the 9s – Salad Dressings
- Pass the Salt Please – Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon, Garlic & Onion powders, Chili powder. Any spices!
HYGIENE AND PERSONAL CARE DRIVE IDEAS:
When putting food on the table is a challenge, these other necessities can also get pushed to the wayside. That is why our pantry also distributes hygiene products and other toiletries for personal care. Consider hosting a drive to help meet these personal needs.
- Toilet Paper
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Razors & Shaving Cream
- Baby Diapers
- Adult Incontinence Underwear
Donations may be made online using your credit card. Simply click on the “Donate” button in the box at the upper right of the web page and follow the simple and secure procedures to complete your donation. It is fast and easy, whether you have a PayPal account or not.
GROUP AND CLUB FUNDRAISING:
School clubs, social clubs and private groups often make an effort to help us not only with food drives but by raising funds.
OTHER MONETARY DONATIONS:
Donations by check of cash may be mailed to our PO Box or dropped off at the food pantry during our hours of operation. Checks should be made out to Fuquay Varina Emergency Food Pantry and mailed to:
Fuquay Varina Emergency Food Pantry
P.O. Box 1463
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
A Special Gift for Loved Ones:
You may also wish to donate a gift in honor or memory of someone else. If so, cards are available on request at the Food Pantry. An example of the inscription that is on the inside of our memorial card can be seen below. We also have cards available on request for Christmas donations.